What You Need
- 1½ ltrs of Vegetable Stock
- 150g Pearl barley
- 1 leek
- 1 parsnip
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 bay leaf
- 2tsp tomatoe puree (or tomato sauce)
- Sprinkle of parsley (optional)
What You Need (Optional)
Sprinkle of Mixed herbs (if you don't have a bay leaf)
How To Do It
- Put the vegetable stock into a large pan, add the Pearl Barley and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for a further 5mins
- Peel and chop the vegetables. Add to the pan along with the bay leaf or herbs.
- Cover and allow to simmer for about 20mins or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Stir in the tomato puree (or sauce), season to taste with a little salt & Pepper.
- Serve into warmed bowls